VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
OCTOBER 11, 2021
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, McCallum, Palajac and Drenth
Absent: Stewart, Spearing and Potter
Others: Jerry Rasmussen
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
- Motion by McCallum, Boss to accept September 13, 2021 regular minutes as presented. CARRIED 5-0
- Police: Chief McLean not in attendance at meeting to give report.
- DPW: Water reliability study 40% completed.
- Streets: N/A
- Planning Commission: Did not meet last month.
- Parks and Recreation: Woodenshoe campground closed for the season September 30, 2021.
- Fall Color Cruise along the Breezeway – Has been busy.
- Noise Control/Jake Breaking – Working on a noise ordinance to address the issue.
- Paddle Antrim – Large crowd and it went well.
- Web Site Data – Sheet showing usage was handed out.
- Woodenshoe Holiday Fest and Decorating the Community Square – The Holiday Fest is cancelled due to COVID. The decorating will be completed by the Chain of Lakes Women’s group.
- Affordable Housing in the Community and Senior Citizen Housing – The committes continue to hold meetings concerning both of these projects.
- DDA report and TIFF – They have received a $6,000.00 grant from the Rotary Charity of Traverse City.
- Farmers Market – Closed for the season.
- Wastewater Project – Still submitting information to GFA.
- Motion by Palajac, Boss to set Halloween hours and date for Saturday, October 30 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Campbell, Palajac to set the 2022 Woodenshoe Campground rates as follows: Daily at $30.00, Weekly at $170.00 and Monthly at $550.00. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by McCallum, Boss to approve Chris and Ed Green as Campground attendants for 2022 and to raise their weekly rate to $150.00. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by McCallum, Sowers to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Boss, Palajac to approve Chris Randall as a DDA member to replace Rusty Powers. His term will expire 12-31-2025. Carried 5-0
- Motion by Sowers, Boss to approve the bills. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Sowers, Boss to adjourn at 7:30pm. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk