VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
MAY 24, 2021
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Palajac and Drenth
Absent: Stewart, McCallum
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:35 PM
- Ellsworth Farmers Exchange Propane Tanks – Palajac will talk to Ellsworth Farmers Exchange about relocating tanks that are on Village Property.
- Mural – Open to suggestions about a new location for the mural that was removed from the side of the Gold Nugget.
- EJ/Ellsworth Road Bridge/Culvert – Will go ahead with seeking grant money to help pay for replacing the existing culvert. Will also need to replace the guard rail located in that area.
- Recycling – Some members of the DDA are going to attend a County Commissioners meeting regarding issues with our recycling center.
- Paddle Antrim Ribbon Cutting – The ribbon cutting ceremony will take place Wednesday May 26 at 1:30pm at the Community Park.
- Motion by Spearing, Palajac to authorize Village President, Hugh Campbell or Village Clerk, Marlene Drenth to sign documents pertaining to a 36-month loan in the amount of $20,000.00 at Charlevoix State Bank to purchase a new John Deere tractor. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Boss, Palajac to adjourn at 8:00pm. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk