VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
MARCH 8, 2021
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Palajac and Drenth
Absent: Stewart, McCallum, Potter
Others: Lacey Mclean
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
- Motion by Spearing, Boss to accept February 8, 2021 Budget Hearing Minutes. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Spearing, Palajac to accept February 8, 2021 Regular Meeting Minutes. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Spearing, Palajac to accept February 11, 2021 Special Meeting Minutes. CARRIED 5-0
- Police: Chief McLean gave monthly report. New patrol car has been delivered and is in process of having equipment and signage installed. Village was awarded a grant in the amount of $7,800.00 from the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians to apply toward the purchase of the new patrol car.
- DDA: No meeting held in February 2021.
- Planning Commission: Will meet Mach 11, 2021.
- Parks and Recreation:
- Auditors – Will be here for annual audit May 11, 12 and 13.
- 2021 Pig Roast – Will be held June 19 but will be scaled back. Pigs eating Ribs will cater the event. Will hold the horse pull and parade. Still working on entertainment for kids.
- Wastewater Sewer Project – Waiting on further environmental testing.
- Ellsworth Community Housing Survey – Sample of survey given to Council members.
- Dan Bennett – Interested in locating a kayak rental service in Ellsworth.
- Motion by Boss, Spearing to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Campbell, Palajac to authorize Paddle Antrim 2021 to use Village facilities September 17, 18 and 19. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Boss, Campbell to authorize Pig Roast 2021 to use Village facilities June 19, 2021. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Boss, Sowers to purchase a new tractor from Work n Play in the amount of $27,000.00.
- Motion by Boss, Palajac to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
- Motion by Campbell, Boss to adjourn at 7:50pm. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk