VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JUNE 13, 2022
Present: Campbell, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Palajac, Potter and Drenth
Absent: Stewart, Boss
Others: Chief Herrick, Jerry Rasmussen and Jarris Rubingh
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:05 PM
1. Motion by Sowers, McCallum to accept May 9, 2022, regular minutes as presented. CARRIED 5-0
Jarris Rubingh, Antrim County Commissioner, informed the Village Council about a water study that has been ordered by the County regarding the water levels in the Chain of Lakes and what controls those water levels. There will be a public zoom meeting to be held June 22, 2022.
a. Police: Chief Herrick gave his monthly police report. We were informed that a door at the Sports Park was recently kicked in.
b. DPW: A water line on Park Street was repaired.
c. Streets: Paving on the Atwood Ellsworth road will start this week.
a. Planning Commission: N/A
b. Parks and Recreation: The Woodenshoe Campground is open and running smoothly. The summer recreation program numbers are up this year.
a. Paddle Antrim – The Woodenshoe Campground will offer participants one free night it they stay for two nights.
b. Village flowers – The flowers/pots are all in place for the summer.
c. Community Square – Reminder that the first concert at the Community Square will be this Wednesday, June 15 at 7:00pm.
d. DDA – The community meeting sponsored by the DDA was held with approximately thirty people in attendance. The DDA is also the sponsor of the concerts to be held starting June 15, 2022.
e. Update on sanitary wastewater system – Still in the process of collecting more information.
2. Motion by McCallum, Palajac to approve the Delinquent Water Bill Resolution. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Palajac, Spearing to set the Millage Rate at 12.50 mills. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Palajac, McCallum to approve the Tax Collection Resolution. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by Campbell, Palajac to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0
6. Motion by Spearing, Sowers to approve Gregg McCallum as the Zoning Administrator for the Village of Ellsworth. McCallum abstained from the vote. CARRIED 4-0
7. Motion by Spearing, Palajac to approve the purchase of not more than three new picnic tables for the Campground. CARRIED 4-0
8. Motion by McCallum, Spearing to approve the bills. CARRIED 5-0
9. Motion to Sowers, Palajac to adjourn at 8:00pm. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk