Ellsworth, Michigan 49729
Phone: 231-588-7411
Email: office@villageofellsworth.com

June 28





JUNE 28, 2021

Meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Rusty Powers, Chairperson.

•       Members Present: Palajac, Powers, Waterman, Faculak, Rasmussen. Campbell

•       Members Absent: Sundelius, Worgess

Others Present: None

Agenda: A motion to approve the agenda was made by Waterman and seconded by Faculak.

Motion carried by unanimous consent.

Meeting Minutes: A motion to approve the minutes from the May 24, 2021 meeting was made by Faculak and seconded by Waterman.

Monthly Reports

Treasurer’s Report: There are no funds to report on at this time.

Village of Ellsworth Report: Campbell reported that the Village hired a company to do an archeological study on Coeling road. The village has received $36,000 for Covid relief, funds from this may be able to be used for this study.

Committee Reports:

•       Water Trail Initiative: Faculak reported that the ribbon cutting for the water trail was a big success. Pure Michigan and Consumers Energy were represented. Faculak asked if Campbell would be interested in putting up a banner to represent the water trail. Campbell asked Faculak to measure for the banner.

•       Village Blight Control: There is concern that Dollar General’s lawn looks shaggy. Faculak called the district manager to see what the plan is for the landscaping. They have had a warning from the Village.

•       Ellsworth Beautification: See New Business

•       Business Retention and Recruitment: See New Business

•       Farmer’s Market: Waterman reported they still need a produce vendor. Otherwise, it is going well.

•       Housing: Faculak reported that the Housing Committee has been meeting regularly. They will be looking at the property across from Ebenezer Christian School. Campbell reported that a spec house is going up on Essex.

Old Business:

•       Gold Nugget Renovation: Seating for outdoors has been put in place.

New Business:

•       Village Business Sign Updates: The signs are needing to be updated. Placement was discussed. The village is supplying the funds. The Village would like the big chair painted with the Village logo. The mural needs to be put back up. Campbell is coming up with ideas on where it should be placed.

•       Paddle Antrim Events: Faculak reported that the Paddle Antrim Festival is September 16-18. The Village will support the party on the 16th. The party will be 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. Waterman will bring a pop up tent and two tables. Faculak will contact Miller’s concessions. Powers will look into the entertainment. Waterman talked about doing a banner promoting Ellsworth.

•       DDA Tax Roll Verification/DDA Financing: Powers reported that he has the tax roll listing available for Marci Potter. This will eventually benefit the DDA’s funds.


Faculak moved that we move our meeting time to 5:00 pm and Waterman seconded. Motion was carried with unanimous consent with a start date of July 26, 2021.  We will be meeting in the pavilion in July to take advantage of nice weather.

Waterman suggested that the Beautification Day should be after the clean up day.

Rasmussen reported that the Front Porch is hosting a Covid Shot day in July. The fireworks are going as planned on July 3rd. The funds have been completely raised to have the tennis courts turned into a pickle ball court.

Public Comment: None


Motion to adjourn at 7:00 p.m. made by Faculak and seconded by Campbell.

Motion approved by unanimous consent.

The next regular meeting will be held Monday, July 26 at 5:00 p.m. at the park pavilion. 231-588-7411.



___________________________________________________________  June 28, 2021

Submitted by: Marci Palajac, Secretary



_____________________________________________________________   ________________

Approved by: Rusty Powers, Chairperson                                               Date