Ellsworth, Michigan 49729
Phone: 231-588-7411
Email: office@villageofellsworth.com

April 29, 2024




Monday, April 29, 2024

Meeting Minutes


Meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m. by chairperson, Mary Faculak.

Members present: Mary Faculak, Lynn Spearing, Chris Wallace, Tina Sundelius, Chris Randall.

Members absent: Hugh Campbell, Ginny McCallum, Nate Swailes

Approval of the Agenda:

A motion to approve the agenda was made by Wallace, seconded by Randall. Motion carried by unanimous consent.

Approval of the Minutes:

A motion to approve the meeting Minutes from the March 25, 2024 regular meeting as presented was made by Wallace, seconded by Randall. Motion carried by unanimous consent.

Treasurer’s Report:

Spearing reported that the bank balance was $9,108.40. A donation from the Ellsworth Farmer’s Exchange for the Kiosk-style sign was received.  A motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report was made by Wallace, seconded by Randall. Motion carried by unanimous consent.

Student Representative: No update

Concerts on the Square: Faculak will produce press releases for Concerts on the Square through the chamber.  500 rack cards will also be printed. Each member of the board signed up to officiate a concert.


Way finding Signage:

The ribbon cutting scheduled for Monday, April 29 at 3:30 p.m. was changed to May 20 at 4:00 p.m. due to weather concerns. We will meet at the Community Square and celebrate at each of the 3 signs. Spearing was asked to get a quote on the sign that will be placed at Community Park in hopes of having it installed prior to the Pig Roast Festival. It will be another kiosk-style sign.


Chairperson Report:

We are three and half weeks away from the Breezeway Garage Sales. Someone from Central Lake would like to participate and needs a place to set up on the Breezeway. Spearing will check the availability of the Community Square. The Visitor Guide will be out in mid-May. Community Banners are available for purchase for $35 each. We need a count of the village light poles equipped with posts and by unanimous consent intend to purchase.


Informational Meetings:

As a DDA we are expected to either update our TIF plan or hold periodic informational meetings with the public. An informational meeting was scheduled for June 24 at 6:00 pm. After our June regular meeting. Spearing will check the availability of the Township Hall.



A motion to adjourn was made by Faculak, seconded by Randall. The next regular meeting will be held on May 20, 2024.


_________________________________________________________on May 2, 2024

Submitted by Tina Sundelius



_________________________________________________________  ______________

Mary Faculak, Chairperson                                                                                   Date