VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
SEPTEMBER 14, 2020
Present: Campbell, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Absent: Stewart, Boss
Others: Lacey Mclean, Phil Palajac
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by McCallum, Sowers to accept August 10, 2020 regular minutes as presented. CARRIED 5-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Palajac expressed concerns about the recycling being moved back to the original location once construction is done on Dollar General. He has had issues with trash being left on his adjoining property. Also concerns about the lighting for Dollar General.
a. Police: Chief Mclean gave monthly report
c. Streets: Repaving of Center St., Pleasant Hill, and the Bridge on Bridge St. has been completed
a. Planning Commission: Met on September 10, 2020. Jerry Klooster has moved outside the Village of Ellsworth, but the ordinance allows him to remain on the Board.
b. Parks and Recreation: Woodenshoe Park has had a good season. Rates will remain the same for next year. The current park attendants (Greens) have agreed to come back next year.
a. Community Square – The gazebo is finished.
b. Paddle Antrim – The trailway signs and street signs are up.
c. Redevelopment Ready Community (RRC) – Continue to work with Beckett Raeder.
d. DDA – Continue to move forward with the dog park.
e. Sanitary Sewer Project – The property needs to pass environmental guidelines.
f. Farmer’s Market – Has been experiencing bad weather.
g. Dollar General – Village has deed to Lancer Avenue and to the recycling area.
h. Discuss rental fee for Community Park Pavilion – needs further study.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to purchase new furnace for Village garage not to exceed $2,000.00. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Motion by Spearing, McCallum to rent storage space from Need More Storage. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
6. Motion by Sowers, Rasmussen to adjourn at 8:30pm. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk