VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
SEPTEMBER 9, 2019
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: Gary Strange, Ken Groesser, Darlene Groesser
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Boss, Sowers to accept the August 12, 2019 minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Groesser’s had questions concerning sidewalk replacement on Center Street.
Police: Speed sign appears to be effective.
Planning Commission: September 12, 2019 meeting with Beckett and Raeder regarding reorganization of zoning ordinance.
Parks and Recreation: Woodenshoe Park: Revenue will exceed 2018. Wi-Fi for the park is up and running.
a. Community Square – Discussion concerning gazebo plans
b. Paddle Antrim – Kick-off party at River Park September 12, event September 13, 14.
c. Redevelopment Ready Community (RRC) – Claire Karner from Beckett and Raeder is working on it.
d. DDA – Discussion regarding the closing of Ellsworth Market and the condition of the building of the former Shook’s Market.
e. Sanitary Sewer Project – Because the amount of the loan will exceed $2,000,000.00 it must be sent to Washington D.C. for approval.
f. Farmers Market is successful and will be running to the middle of October.
2. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve updating the DDA Board of Directors, Resolution 09092019. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Spearing, Rasmussen to approve the purchase of 43 acres for the sewage system (parcel 05-01-024-003-00) in the amount of $190,000.00 with $5,000.00 down and 60 days closing and approval for the President to sign all necessary documents. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to make no changes to Woodenshoe rules for the 2020 season. CARRIED 6-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to make no changes to Woodenshoe rates for the 2020 season. CARRIED 6-0
7. Motion by Boss, McCallum to retain the Greens as park attendants for Woodenshoe for the 2020 season. CARRIED 6-0
8. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to send certified letter to Keith Stewart regarding his structure located at 6517 Center. He must present a plan of action within 30 days to abide with Dangerous Structures Ordinance #2. CARRIED 6-0
9. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
10. Motion by Campbell, Sowers to adjourn at 7:55 PM. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk