VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, and Drenth
Others: John Morris
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to accept the August 14, 2017 minutes as presented. CARRIED 7-0
PUBLIC INPUT: N/A
Police: Deputy Morris presented his monthly report. Security cameras are now all in place.
Streets: Still waiting on contractors to pave Sunrise Drive, Harris Street and Lincoln Street.
Planning Commission: Will meet September 14, 2017
Parks and Recreation: Revenue to date for Wooden Shoe Park is a record $48,000.00 plus. The attendants will return for the 2018 season.
a. Paddle Antrim: September 14, 15 and 16. Forecast for beautiful weather. Have had some
reservations at Wooden Shoe Part because of Paddle Antrim.
b. Surveys: Had discussion about one final attempt to get additional responses.
c. The Village is working on becoming a Certified Redevelopment Ready Community. To do this it
must have a Capital Improvement Program in Place.
d. Elizabeth Calcutt of Network Northwest is working on the Ellsworth/Banks Township Recreation
Plan. The Village/Township will need to develop a Capital Improvement Schedule.
e. Trustees discussed persons to appoint to the DDA Board
f. Beckett&Raeder is sending out a RFP for the sanitary sewer feasibility study.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to appoint a DDA Board as follows: Ron Boss, Hugh Campbell, Mary Faculak, Al Drenth, Rusty Powers, Amy Russell, Heidi MacNicol, Lynn Spearing, Mary Peterson and Tom Mann. CARRIED 7-0
3. Motion by Spearing, McCallum to set rates for the 2018 season at Wooden Shoe Park as follows:
Tent – $15.00 per day, Daily – $25.00, Weekly – $150.00, Monthly – $450.00 (increase from $375.00). CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by Campbell, Stewart to pay the bills. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to adjourn at 7:45PM. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk