VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, and Potter.
Absent: Stewart, Kammerer
Others: John Morris
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Boss/Sowers to accept the August 8, 2016 minutes as presented. CARRIED 5-0
Police: Security cameras are in place.
DPW: Final documents on water project have been signed.
Streets: Paving of any streets has been tabled until next year.
Planning Commission: Marijuana ordinance has been approved by the PC and will be presented to the Council for its approval . A draft of the updated Master Plan is now on the village’s website.
Parks and Recreation: Revenue this year is highest on record. Rates will remain the same for next year.
The current attendants will return next year.
a. Community Square Project – waiting for cooler weather to move tree.
b. Paddle Antrim – over 150 people have registered.
c. November election – need to find an individual to fill one vacancy.
d. DDA – need to wait 60 days after public hearing to proceed.
e. RPI Community Technical Assistance Grant – Campbell has a meeting scheduled for
September 14, 2016.
f. Breezeway Cruise (September 24, October 1 and 8) – will enjoy the new road construction between
Ellsworth and East Jordan.
2. Motion by Spearing, Sowers to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Boss, Spearing to purchase backhoe not to exceed $70,323.00 and give Clerk and President authority to sign documents. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Boss, Sowers to give President and/or Clerk authority to sign documents pertaining to the RPI Community Technical Assistance Grant. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by Boss, McCallum to approve payment of bills on the water update project contingent upon approval by RD. CARRIED 5-0
6. Motion by Boss, Spearing to renew Ed and Chris Green’s contract for Woodenshoe Campground Attendants for 2017. CARRIED 5-0
7. Motion by Sowers, McCallum to have rates at Woodenshoe Campground to stay the same for 2017. CARRIED 5-0
8. Motion by Boss, Spearing to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
9. Motion by Boss, Spearing to adjourn at 7:45 PM. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk