VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
OCTOBER 14, 2019
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen, and Drenth
Absent: Stewart and Potter
Others: Police Chief Morris, Rusty Powers and Gary Strange
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Boss, Sowers to accept the September 9, 2019 minutes with corrections. CARRIED 6-0
Police: Officer Morris gave his monthly report. He also submitted his letter of resignation effective January 1, 2020.
Streets: Request from Ellsworth Community School to place a crosswalk in front of school. Will be completed in the spring.
Planning Commission: They had a meeting with Claire Karner from Beckett and Raeder.
Parks and Recreation: Woodenshoe is closed for the season. This year’s revenue exceeded expectations.
a. Fall Color Cruise along the Breezeway – Done for the season
b. Community Square Project – Building permit for the gazebo has been issued.
c. Paddle Antrim – Received a thank you note for the Village’s participation.
d. Dollar General – Still an interest in coming to the Village.
e. CVTRS for December 1, 2019 – Needs to be completed by December 1, 2019
f. Woodenshoe Holiday Fest – To be held December 11 from 6:00 – 7:30PM.
g. Refurbish basketball and tennis court (pickle ball) – Grant is still in process.
h. DDA report – Still in the process of forming committees.
i. Farmers Market – Closed for the season, planning on opening again next year.
j. Wastewater project – Moving ahead.
k. Special meeting October 29 at 7:00PM – File application with USDA Community Facilities for purchase of 43-acre parcel for future municipal wastewater treatment plant site.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to hold Halloween Hours of 5:00PM to 8:00PM on October 31, 2019. CARRIED 6-0.
3. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve Standard Lighting Contract 100000226405 with Consumers Energy. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve Standard Lighting Contract 1030356633105 with Consumers Energy. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve new tires for the plow truck in the amount of $2,600.00. CARRIED 6-0
6. Motion by Boss, Spearing to accept John Morris’s letter of resignation. CARRIED 6-0
7. Motion by Spearing, Rasmussen to contact Attorney Brian Graham concerning conflict of interest policy. CARRIED 6-0
8. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
9. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
10. Motion by Campbell, Rasmussen to adjourn at 8:15PM. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk