VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
NOVEMBER 9, 2020
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen, Stewart, Potter and Drenth
Others: Phil Palajac
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to accept October 12, 2020 regular minutes as presented. CARRIED 7-0
a. Police: N/A
b. DPW: A watermain line broke while connecting Dollar General to the water supply but was quickly repaired by Tex Drenth and Rasmussen.
c. Streets: Rasmussen in discussion with both Consumers and Great Lakes about adding some additional streetlights.
a. Planning Commission: N/A
b. Parks and Recreation: N/A
a. Update from GFA on Waste Water System – on going process.
b. Status of Community Square Project – Completed as far as planned at the present time.
c. Farmers Market – Plans to continue next year.
d. Website use – Report handed out.
e. Woodenshoe Holiday Fest – Will not take place this year due to COVID-19. There is money set aside for decorating of the Community Square.
f. Dollar General – have been receiving positive comments regarding their opening.
g. Retirement Community on White Street -Village owns the property that is being considered and may be willing to donate it to the project. The Housing Committee is holding a Zoom meeting on November 30.
g. McCallum was approached by Mike Bennett concerning the use of jake braking in the Village limits.
2. Committees & Rosters (Trustees) Tabled
3. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to keep Woodenshoe rental rates and open and close dates the same as they were for 2020. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to approve Chris and Ed Green to continue as park attendants for 2021. CARRIED 7-0
6. Motion by Boss, Sowers to approve Resolution 11092020 to establish procedures to hold meetings electronically and to allow public to participate remotely. CARRIED 7-0
7. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to pay the bills. CARRIED 7-0
8. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to adjourn at 7:45pm. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk