VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
NOVEMBER 11, 2019
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: Gary Strange, Julie Waterman
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to accept the minutes of Special Meeting October 29, 2019 as presented. CARRIED 7-0
2. Motion by Stewart, McCallum to accept minutes of Public Hearing October 29,
3. 2019 as presented. CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by Sowers, Rasmussen to accept minutes of Regular Meeting October 14, 2019 as presented. CARRIED 7-0
Police: Police position will need to be filled effective January 1, 2020.
Planning Commission: Will meet November 14, 2019.
Parks and Recreation:
a. Status of Community Square Project – Building will be delivered November 26, 2019.
b. Farmers Market – Julie Waterman presented a report for the 2019 season. Excited about response to the Farmers Market. Will re-open May 9, 2020 and run thru October 10, 2020.
c. Ellsworth- Atwood Road – Will be resurfaced in 2021 by Antrim County and Village will pay to continue paving from Village limits to Church Street.
d. State of Community – Will be held January 15, 2020 starting at 5:30PM.
e. Woodenshoe Holiday Fest – Will be held Wednesday December 11, 2019 starting at 6:00PM.
f. Dollar General – They have sent a letter of intent to Antrim County for the purchase of property owned by the County.
g. Property located at 6517 Center Street – EGLE must find contamination to qualify for funds. Owner is to apply to Antrim County on November 12, 2019 for a permit of intent to tear building down. Will report back to Council if permit is issued and what date inspection will be done.
4. Motion by Sowers, Rasmussen to approve Committees and Rosters (Trustees) for 2020-2021 year. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 7-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve Rider A pertaining to property purchase of parcel #05-01-024-003-00. CARRIED 7-0
7. Motion by Sowers, Boss to approve Resolution #11112019 Code of Ethics. CARRIED 7-0
8. Motion by Stewart, McCallum to pay the bills. CARRIED 7-0
9. Motion by Campbell, Rasmussen to adjourn at 8:30PM. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk