VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
NOVEMBER 12, 2018
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen, and Drenth
Absent: Stewart, Potter
Others: John Morris, Jennifer Hodges, Kyle Kobyiski, Chris DeGood
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Sowers, Spearing to accept the October 8, 2018 minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
Streets: Signs with parking hours have arrived and are waiting to be put in place.
Planning Commission: Will meet November 15, 2018.
Parks and Recreation: Discussion about raising daily rates for Woodenshoe Park for 2019.
a. Jennifer Hodges and Kyle Kobyiski from GFA presented update on feasibility study for waste water treatment system.
b. Status of Community Square Project – Phase 1 is completed.
c. New computer and backup – has been purchased and waiting for installation.
d. Election – Votes had not been certified yet.
e. Woodenshoe Holiday Fest – Will be held December 12 at 6:00pm.
f. Received thank you letter from Paddle Antrim.
g. Voters passed the selling of marijuana – The Village will need to make a decision as to whether or not to allow in the Village.
2. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
3. Motion by Motion by Boss, Sowers to raise Woodenshoe Rental rates for next year. The daily rate will increase by $5.00. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by McCallum, Spearing to approve GFA feasibility study for waste water treatment system as submitted and forward information to USDA seeking grant monies. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Spearing, McCallum to approve funding for the MCT project. CARRIED 5-1.
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
7. Motion by Boss, McCallum to adjourn at 9:00pm. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk