VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
NOVEMBER 13, 2017
Present: Campbell, Boss, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: Jennifer Hodges, Mike Rademaker, Sheriff Dan Bean, Officer John Morris
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to accept the October 9, 2017 minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Sheriff Dan Bean discussed the marijuana law debate. The Village has an ordinance prohibiting marijuana facilities.
Police: Officer Morris presented his monthly report
Streets: Paving scheduled for October 24, 2017 was cancelled due to heavy rainfall. Will be re-scheduled for spring 2018.
Planning Commission: No agenda items.
Parks and Recreation: N/A
a. Woodenshoe Holiday Fest will be held Wednesday, December 13 at 6:00pm.
b. Status of Community Square Project – Phase one to be completed in the spring.
c. Computer Back up – Will get proposal from Mission Computers.
d. Election – Millage enhancement for Char-Em passed.
e. Sale of old water works property – Drawing presented on the new proposal.
f. Water well south of Community Park – Fred Taylor drilled wells to locate water supply.
g. Thank you letter from Paddle Antrim – Copies given to council members for them to read.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve the Committees for the Village for the next year.
3. Motion by Boss, McCallum to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Stewart, Rasmussen to approve the engineering firm of Gourdie Fraser to do a feasibility study for a sanitary sewer system. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Spearing, Boss to approve the appointments of the DDA Board of Directors. CARRIED 6-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
7. Motion by McCallum, Stewart to adjourn at 7:55pm. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk