VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
NOVEMBER 14, 2016
Present: Campbell, Boss, Spearing, Stewart, and Potter.
Absent: Sowers, McCallum, Kammerer
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Boss, Stewart to accept the October 10, 2016 minutes as presented. CARRIED 4-0
Police: Still working on the situation of the kennel on White Street.
Planning Commission: Zoning ordinance is on our website. Master plan is finished and on website and will be sent to surrounding Governments and Antrim County for review.
Parks and Recreation: NA
a. Woodenshoe Holiday Fest is Wednesday December 7 at 6:00 pm.
b. Status of Community Square Project. Tree has been moved and working on water supply.
c. Election. Council must fill the vacant Trustee position.
d. Complete Community Planning, Jessica Spencer. Presented a new fee schedule.
e. Thank you letter from Paddle Antrim.
f. Spearing informed Council about a meeting on November 28, 2016 to discuss the drug issue in the community.
2. Motion by Stewart, Boss to approve budget amendments as presented. See attached. CARRIED 4-0
3. Motion by Boss, Stewart for the village to proceed on the nuisance violation ordinance at 9117 Park
Street. CARRIED 4-0
4. Motion by Spearing, Boss to approve payment to the Village the remainder of the USDA loan for payment on the new backhoe contingent on USDA approval. CARRIED 4-0
5. Motion by Boss, Stewart that the Village of Ellsworth grants approval to apply for $5000 grant from the Risk Reduction Grant Program. CARRIED 4-0
6. Motion by Boss, Spearing to give St. Clair Lake Committee $350.00 lights for Christmas Tree at the
Community Square. CARRIED 4-0
7. Motion by Boss, Campbell to pay bills. CARRIED 4-0
8. Motion by Spearing, Stewart to adjourn at 7:45pm. CARRIED 4-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk