VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
NOVEMBER 9, 2015
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Kammerer, McCallum, and Potter.
Others: Duane Arnott, William Gardner, Patty Niepoth, Tina Sundelius, and Phillip Palajac
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Kammerer, Spearing to accept the October 12, 2015 minutes as presented. CARRIED. 6-0
Update by Niepoth, Register of Deeds, concerning the new computer system in the office of Register of Deeds.
Update by Arnott concerning the archery program.
Streets: Plow truck, etc. ready for winter
DPW: Ellsworth Water System Improvements – contract has been granted for wireless communication system
Planning Commission: Working on marijuana ordinance
a.Woodenshoe Holiday Fest Wednesday, December 9 at 6:00 PM
b. Status of Community Square Project – Further work on hold until spring due to weather
c. Septic Evaluation of Lot 129 – No permit will be issued
d. Paddle Antrim – Received a thank you letter telling of the success of the event
e. Planning Together Workshop is scheduled for November 10, 2015 at 6:00 PM
2. Motion by Sowers, Boss to approve 2015-2016 Committees. CARRIED 6-0
3. Motion by Boss, McCallum to approve Budget Amendments. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Spearing, Campbell that the Village of Ellsworth grants approval to apply for $5,000 grant from the Risk Reduction Grant Program. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Sowers, Boss to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
6. Motion by Spearing, Kammerer to adjourn at 7:40 PM. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk