VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
MAY 13, 2019
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen and Drenth
Others: John Morris, Gary Strange, Janice Drost, Deana Jerdee, Marcie Palajac, Ginny McCallum and Rusty Powers
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:05 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to accept the minutes as presented. CARRIED 7-0
Janice Drost inquired about planting additional flowers in the Community Square.
Rusty Powers raised a discussion concerning clean-up of properties in town.
Marcie Palajac (House on the Hill) has concerns about individuals dropping chips, etc. on her property.
Gary Strange wanted to inform the Village that one of the sites being considered for the sewage project is being put on the market.
Deana Jerdee (Paddle Antrim) talked about the new Trail Way signs and guides and that Ellsworth is designated as the first Trail Town for the Trail Way.
Ginny McCallum (A Matter of Taste) expressed safety concerns about the people speeding by the entrance to their business. She inquired about the placement of a radar sign posting drivers speed.
Police: Officer Morris gave his monthly report
Planning Commission: N/A
Parks and Recreation: N/A
a. 2019 Pig Roast – coming along
b. 2019 Fireworks – need to raise more funds
c. Breezeway Garage Sale – May 24 & 25
d. Farmers Market – opened May 11 in the Community Square and received positive response
e. Paddle Antrim – Deana Jerdee gave a report to Council concerning signage and ribbon cutting ceremony which will take place in Ellsworth during Pig Roast on June 14 at 5:00 PM
f. Auditors for year 2018-2019 – May 15 and 16
g. MDARD Rural Development Grant – still waiting for reimbursement
h. Consumer Fireworks Regulations Ordinance- elected to fall under State rules
i. Resurfacing of track – received bids of $12,750.00 and $13,360.00 and decided to take no action at this time
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to donate $500.00 to Pig Roast Committee and $1,000.00 to Fireworks Committee. CARRIED 7-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by McCallum, Spearing to approve an additional services agreement in an amount not to exceed $3,200.00 with GFA. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Spearing, Stewart to approve the Water Trail Signage Agreement. CARRIED 7-0
6. Motion by Stewart, Rasmussen to approve the bills. CARRIED 7-0
7. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to adjourn at 8:00 PM. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk