VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
MAY 14, 2018
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: John Morris, Jeff Cook and Deb Cook
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:05 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to accept the April 9, 2018 minutes as presented. CARRIED 7-0
PUBLIC INPUT: N/A
Police: Morris gave monthly police report
Streets: Waiting for Elmer’s to give date for paving.
Planning Commission: N/A
Parks and Recreation: Gearing up for season to start.
a. Village survey and waste water feasibility study. Meeting on May 15 to discuss progress.
b. 2018 Pig Roast. Committee busy with final preparation plans.
c. 2018 Fireworks. Will be June 16, 2018 following Pig Roast.
d. Breezeway Garage Sale May 25 and 26.
e. Farm Market. Possibility of not having a market this summer.
f. Paddle Antrim. Will be September 13, 14 and 15.
g. Blight/Nuisance. Discussion about best way to move forward.
h. 2017-2018 Auditors. Will be here May 15, 16 and 17.
2. Motion by McCallum, Rasmussen to approve purchase agreement with AMACAR Investments (GTP) for sale of a portion (7.78 acres) of the old water works property. CARRIED 7-0
3. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to give the Village President the authority to sign the purchase agreement with GTP for sale of a portion of the old water works property. CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to approve Ordinance 05142018 to authorize the Conveyance of village property. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Boss, Spearing to approve contributions to the Pig Roast of $500.00 and the Fireworks of $1,000.00. CARRIED 7-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 7-0
7. Motion by Spearing, Boss to approve the use of the Sports Park on June 30, 2018 by the Culpepper and Merriweather Circus sponsored by the Ellsworth Lions and Lioness Clubs. CARRIED 7-0
8. Motion by Sowers, Boss to approve documents for installment loan with Charlevoix State Bank for new tractors. CARRIED 7-0
9. Motion by Stewart, Rasmussen to approve Village President to sign any necessary documents for the installment loan with Charlevoix State Bank. CARRIED 7-0
10. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to renew NLEA annual investment. CARRIED 7-0
11. Motion by Sowers, Rasmussen to pay the bills. CARRIED 7-0
12. Motion by Stewart, Spearing to adjourn at 7:45PM. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk