VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
MAY 9, 2016
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Kammerer, and Potter.
Absent: Stewart, McCallum
Others: John Morris, Jeff Wynkoop, Jerry Rasmussen, Duane Arnott, Jarris
Rubingh, Rebekah Rubingh
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:05 PM
1. Motion by Boss/Sowers to accept the April 11, 2016 minutes as presented. CARRIED. 5-0
Duane Arnott – Archery will participate in Pig Roast.
Jarris Rubingh – Will be a candidate for Trustee on Banks Township Board.
Police: Jeff Wynkoop was sworn in as new part-time police officer.
DPWStreets: Jerry Rasmussen to be on call for the water department at a rate of $100.00 per month.
Recreation Department: Wooden Shoe Campground is opening May 15.
Planning Commission: Next meeting is May 19 at 7:00 PM. Continuing to work on Master Plan.
a. Sale of old waterworks property – temporarily on hold.
b. 2016 Pig Roast plans are moving ahead.
c. 2016 Fireworks – encourage people to participate in the golf scramble fundraiser.
d. Breezeway garage sale is May 27 and 28.
e. Paddle Antrim plans are moving ahead.
f. Discussion about a blight ordinance.
g. Auditors will be here May 17, 18, 19 and 20.
2. Motion by Boss, Sowers to donate $250.00 to Pig Roast. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Spearing, Kammerer to donate $1.000.00 to Fireworks. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Sowers, Campbell to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by Campbell, Boss to adjourn at 8:00 PM. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk