VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
MARCH 9, 2020
Present: Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Absent: Campbell, McCallum, Stewart
Others: Police Chief McLean
Meeting called to order by Boss at 7:00 PM
Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to accept February 10, 2020 regular minutes as presented. CARRIED 4-0
Motion by Spearing, Sowers to accept February 10, 2020 Budget Hearing minutes as presented. CARRIED 4-0
Motion by Sowers, Rasmussen to accept February 17, 2020 Special Meeting minutes as presented. CARRIED 4-0
Police: Police Chief McLean presented her monthly report. She informed us that local law enforcement is receiving training for procedures to follow for the Coronavirus. She has prepared a grant to be submitted to GTB Legal Department for the purpose of purchasing a different car for the police department.
Planning Commission: Will meet Thursday March 12, 2020 and there will be discussion concerning a Site Plan Review for Dollar General to move forward with building a location in the Village.
Parks and Recreation:
DDA: The DDA is looking at printing a Spring newsletter. Also focusing on promoting Ellsworth as a Trail Town.
a. Auditors will be here May 12-14 to complete our annual audit.
b. 2020 Pig Roast – Will meet Thursday May 12, 2020. Still need volunteers.
c. Wastewater Sewer Project – Sewell making arrangements for the Fire Department to burn existing buildings.
d. Dollar General – Discussion regarding the fact they will need Site Plan Review before proceeding any further.
e. Census report – Spearing asked that we encourage residents to be sure to complete their census report.
4. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 4-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve the use of Village facilities for Paddle Antrim 2020 on September 17, 18 and 19. CARRIED 4-0
6. Motion by Sowers, Spearing to approve the use of Village facilities for the Pig Roast 2020. CARRIED 4-0
7. Motion by Spearing, Rasmussen to approve Police Chief Lacey McLean submitting a grant application to GTB Legal Department for the purpose of purchasing a different police car. CARRIED 4-0
8. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to pay the bills. CARRIED 4-0
9. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to adjourn at 7:45PM. CARRIED 4-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk