VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
MARCH 12, 2018
Present: Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: Claire Karner, John Morris, Tom Mann, Pam Jones
Meeting called to order by Boss at 7:10 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to accept the February 12, 2018 minutes as presented and the February 12, 2018 Budget Meeting minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Pam Jones addressed the Council about donating a butterfly bench in memory of her daughter who recently passed away.
Police: Officer Morris gave his monthly report.
Streets: Rasmussen in contact with Consumers concerning burned out street lights.
Planning Commission: No action items.
Parks and Recreation: Director Essenberg looking for umpires for the upcoming season.
a. Auditors will be here for the annual audit starting May 15.
b. 2018 Pig Roast would like to use the Community Square for an Arts and Crafts show.
c. The required number of Community Surveys has been submitted to Beckett & Raeder.
d. The sale of the Old Water Works property continues to move forward.
e. There was a general discussion concerning school security.
f. There was a discussion concerning funding for the repair of the Breezeway signs.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to approve the use of the Village facilities by Paddle Antrim September 13, 14 and 15. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Sowers, McCallum to approve adding a tractor sweeper ($3,525.01) to the John Deere purchase. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Spearing, Rasmussen to approve Resolution 03122018 in regards to the Capital Improvements Plan 2018-2023. CARRIED 6-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
7. Motion by Spearing, Rasmussen to adjourn at 7:45PM. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk