VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
MARCH 13, 2017
Present: Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen, and Potter.
Absent: Campbell, Stewart
Meeting called to order by Boss at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to accept the February 13, 2017 minutes as presented. CARRIED 5-0
PUBLIC INPUT: N/A
Streets: Substantial increase in Act 51 funds for snow removal.
Planning Commission: No meeting last month
Finance Committee: N/A
Parks and Recreation: Due to the construction at the school, the baseball field will be used for boys’ minor teams.
a. Auditors will be here in May for annual audit.
b. 2017 Pig Roast plans are moving forward. A theme of Pure Ellsworth has been chosen for this year. The next meeting will be March 16 at 5:30pm. It is open to the public.
c. Beckett and Raeder has a very low response to the Community Surveys. Discussion about hiring a local person(s) to go door to door to complete surveys.
d. Planning Consultant. The Township is in the process of setting a date for interviews of three applicants for the position.
e. Old water works property. Interested buyers are working on an agreement as to how the property will be split.
f. NW Michigan Local Government Summit April 7 in Traverse City. Folders were distributed to anyone with interest in attending.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0.
3. Motion by Spearing, Sowers to approve the use of River Park and Community Park on September 15 and 16 by Paddle Antrim 2017. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to hire a local person(s) to assist in collecting Community Surveys. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
6. Motion by Spearing, Boss to adjourn at 7:50 PM. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk