VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
MARCH 14, 2016
Present: Boss, Sowers, Stewart, Spearing, McCallum, and Potter.
Absent: Campbell, Kammerer
Others: John Morris, Deana Jardee, Tina Sundelius, Scotty Kehoe, Christine Cole, Barbara Rukwalder
Meeting called to order by Boss at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Stewart, Sowers to accept the February 8, 2016 minutes as presented. CARRIED. 5-0
Police: Jeff Wynkoop interested in part-time position to keep his certification up-to-date.
Streets: Construction on water project will start as soon as weather permits.
Recreation Committee: Sarah Essenberg will serve as recreation director. Forms for sign-up are being
a. Annual Village audit will be May 17, 18, 19 and 20.
b. 2016 Pig Roast committee is busy with plans for this year’s event.
c. Ellsworth/Atwood Community Forum will hold a public meeting on March 23 at 6:00 PM at Banks
2. Motion by Sowers, McCallum to approve Ordinance 3142016 DTE Gas Franchise. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Sowers, Spearing to approve budget amendments for 2015-2016, CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Stewart, Sowers to approve the use of the Community Park and River Park by Paddle
Antrim September 16 and 17. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by McCallum, Stewart to pay bills. CARRIED 5-0
6. Motion by Sowers, Boss to adjourn at 8:15 PM. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk