VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JUNE 8, 2020
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: Lacey McLean, Jan Olach and Cynthia Bassett
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:05 PM
- Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to accept May 11, 2020 regular minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Olach and Bassett were in attendance to discuss ordinance violation letters they had received.
Police: Police Chief McLean gave her monthly report. Discussion about the ordinance violations that have been addressed
DPW: Water wells have passed their annual inspection.
Streets: Crosswalks and curbs have been painted.
Planning Commission: The site plan for Dollar General has been approved upon several contingencies.
Parks and Recreation: Woodenshoe Park has opened for the season. The bathrooms are currently remaining closed. The summer recreation program has been cancelled until further notice due to Covid19.
- The annual audit by Baird, Cotter and Bishop has been completed and copies were given to all Council members.
- Paddle Antrim has been cancelled for September 2020 due to Covid19.
- The flowers for the Village have been purchased and put in place.
- The Community Square/Farmers Market hopes to open soon.
- The DDA has submitted a grant to obtain funding to help small business in the Village to obtain funds to assist with the loss of revenue due to Covid19.
- Update on sanitary wastewater system – Need to follow up with GFA to see where we are at in the process of obtaining the loan to purchase property and the minimum of acreage we will need.
- Lock Box for Banks Township Hall – Box would be shared by Township and Village for purpose of depositing absentee ballots, water bills, etc.
- Motion by Spearing, Boss to investigate purchasing a phone for Police Chief McClean. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Stewart, Rasmussen to pass Delinquent Water Bill Resolution. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Boss, Spearing to set Millage Rate (L-4029) at 12.50 mills. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Spearing, Rasmussen to pass Tax Collection Resolution. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Campbell, Boss to have Spearing write a grant to fund equipment for a new police car for the Village. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Stewart, Rasmussen to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Boss, Sowers to adjourn at 8:10pm. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk