VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JUNE 11, 2018
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: John Morris
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to accept the May 14, 2018 ZBA minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
2. Motion by Boss, Stewart to accept the May 14, 2018 Council minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
PUBLIC INPUT: N/A
Police: Officer Morris presented monthly report.
DPW: Discussion on purchasing speed aware radar speed signs.
Streets: Elmer’s will complete paving the roads Tuesday, June 12. Will be back in July to pave the Pathway.
Planning Commission: N/A
Parks and Recreation: N/A
a. 2017-2018 Audit has been completed
b. Pig Roast this weekend June 14, 15 and 16.
c. Paddle Antrim – Water trail finalized. River Park and Community Park are the trail head.
d. Village planters are in place.
e. Community Square –There will be a movie night in the Square Friday June 15 as part of Pig Roast celebration.
f. Sale of Old Water Works property – The purchase is ready to close.
g. Feasibility Study by Gourdie Fraser on a sanitary waste water system – Will be presented at July 9 Council meeting.
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to adopt the delinquent water bill resolution. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Spearing, Sowers to set the millage rate (L-4029) at 12.3 reduced by Headlee to 12.2439. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Sowers, Boss to pave the Pathway on Lake Street that is located in the Community Park. CARRIED 6-0
6. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to authorize the President to sign all closing documents on the Old Water Works Property. CARRIED 6-0
7. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve the tax collection resolution. CARRIED 6-0
8. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
9. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve the repairing of Bridge St. 140 feet ($6500.00), repaving of Hardy Street (Main to Park) 290 feet ($7750.00), repaving of Lake St. 760 feet ($18450.00), and repaving of Park St. 680 feet south of Center ($16,800.00). CARRIED 6-0
10. Motion by Sowers, Stewart to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
11. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to adjourn at 7:50PM. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk