VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JUNE 12, 2017
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, and Potter.
Absent: Marlene Drenth
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:15 PM
1. Motion by Sowers, McCallum to accept the May 8, 2017 minutes as presented. CARRIED 7-0
Police: Traffic tickets have been issued.
DPW: There is a big water leak that Tex is trying to uncover.
Streets: Repaving of Harris/Lincoln to Main Street and Sun Rise Drive.
Planning Commission: N/A
Parks and Recreation: Summer Recreation Program “out of sight” in terms of participation. Sarah Essenberg and Casey Meadows are to be commended. Next year the family rate needs to be re-visited.
Campground has received positive feedback. Usage is up by a lot.
a. Survey Update – We have approximately 75 surveys turned in. We need 28 more. At our next meeting we will divide the remaining assignments among Village Council members.
b. The audit and its finding were reviewed.
c. Pig Roast is almost here.
d. Paddle Antrim – Need to improve accessibility. We will be looking to partner with MCPark, MEDC and Patronicity in a Crowd Funding Project
e. Community Square – The arch is supposed to be up in time for Pig Roast. More flowers, bushes and fencing are yet to come.
f. Sale of Old Water Works Property – The two prospective owners are nearing an agreement.
g. DDA Board to be formed soon.
h. A+E Group – A community follow up meeting will be held this summer or early fall. Campbell hopes to combine that with a meeting regarding the recreation plan and capital improvement plan. Our consultant Clare Karner will be assisting us.
i. There was discussion that the repair of Harris and Lincoln Streets and Sun Rise Drive needs to
occur before Bridge and Pleasant Streets. Tex is soliciting bids.
j. Security cameras are being installed.
k. There was a question raised as to why the school was expanding their parking in the old railroad
right- of-way owned by the village.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to approve delinquent water bills to be put on tax roll. CARRIED 7-0
3. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve a millage rate of 12.30. CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by Sowers, Boss to give approval to Campbell to award bid to lowest bidder for
non motorized pathway along Lake St in Community Park and Harris and Lincoln (to Main St.) Streets and Sun Rise Drive. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to give Campbell authority to sign Water Trail Agreement. CARRIED 7-0
6. Motion by Stewart, Sowers to approve 1% tax collection resolution. CARRIED 7-0
7. Motion by Spearing, Boss to approve the updated Master Plan 2017. CARRIED 7-0
8. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to approve the bills. CARRIED 7-0
9. Motion by Sowers, Spearing to adjourn at 8:15 PM. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk