VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JULY 13, 2020
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: Lacey Mclean, Ken Groesser
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
- Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to accept June 8, 2020 ZBA minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Sowers, Boss to accept June 8, 2020 regular minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Ken Groesser wanted to verify zoning on his piece of property located on Center Street. It is zoned C1 (commercial). He is considering opening a used car dealership on that piece of property.
- Police: McLean gave her monthly police report. Also updated information regarding pursuing grants for a new police car.
- Streets: County recently installed radar sign coming into the Village on The Ellsworth/Central Lake Rd. It has now been removed.
- Planning Commission: They will have a public hearing July 16, 2020 to review zoning ordinance changes proposed by their consultant.
- Parks and Recreation: The pavilion has been very busy. Work on the labyrinth has been completed. The Wi Fi at Wooden Shoe park is now functioning properly after sustaining damage this winter.
- Paddle Antrim – postponed until 2021
- Purchase of property for Wastewater Treatment Plan is still being discussed.
- President updated where the process is at concerning construction of the Pavilion.
- Motion by Spearing, McCallum to pay one half of sidewalk work for Needmore Storage not to exceed $2,000.00 CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Campbell, Spearing to post signs stating no fireworks on Village property. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Spearing, Sowers to name street easement for Dollar General, Sports Park entrance, Lancer Avenue. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to approve bills. CARRIED 6-0
- Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to adjourn at 7:50pm. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk