VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JULY 9, 2018
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: John Morris, Barry Cole
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to accept the June 11, 2018 minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Barry Cole introduced himself as a candidate for Probate Judge for Antrim County.
Police: Officer Morris presented his monthly report. He also provided some information on different types of speed aware radar signs.
Streets: All paving has been completed.
Planning Commission: Will have meeting Thursday, July 12.
Parks and Recreation: Woodenshoe Park has been busy. Little League program is coming to a close.
a. Discussed a Bud Tornga Memorial Garden being placed at the Stone House.
b. Paddle Antrim is also adding paddle boards and canoes to their event at River Park.
c. Pig Roast 2018 went smoothly.
d. The Office of President, Treasurer and Clerk and four Trustee positions will be on the ballot November 6, 2018.
e. Still waiting to hear from the USDA concerning survey results regarding median income for the Village.
f. Waste Water Feasibility Study still being conducted by Gourdie Frasier.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve splitting with Banks Township the cost of resurfacing the alley north of the Township Hall and a portion of the parking lot at the Town Hall. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Boss, McCallum to approve the Metro Act permit application form. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve the bills. CARRIED 6-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to adjourn at 8:15PM. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk