VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JULY 11, 2016
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing
Absent: Stewart, Kammerer, McCallum, Potter
Others: Tina Sundelius, Janice Drost, Victoria Rood-Morris
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Sowers, Spearing to accept the June 13, 2016 minutes as presented. CARRIED 4-0
Janice Drost concerned about speeding in Village.
Victoria Rood-Morris concerned about blight in Village.
DPW: Discussion about new security doors on the Village garages. Reviewed Water Update Project.
STREETS: Street sweeper has been delivered. Discussion about replacing culvert under the bridge located on Bridge
Recreation Committee: Park is doing well. Little League is having a very successful season.
Planning Commission: Public hearing on September 11, 2016 concerning marijuana ordinance.
a. Paddle Antrim/Water Trail Assessment Ellsworth meeting on July 20 at the pavilion at 10:30 AM.
b. 2016 Pig Roast was very successful.
c. DDA hearing August 8 at 7:00 pm before Village Council meeting.
d. Bridge Street paving came in under budget.
e. Ellsworth/Atwood Forum meeting July 14 at 5:30 PM.
2. Motion by Spearing, Boss to approve budget amendments as presented. CARRIED 4-0
3. Motion by Boss, Spearing to purchase security cameras for Community Square and Community Park at a cost of $3045. CARRIED 4-0
4. Motion by Boss, Sowers to apply for Technical Assistance Planning Grant for Recreation Plan
Update from Networks Northwest to update the Ellsworth/Banks Township Recreation Plan. CARRIED 4-0
5. Motion by Boss, Spearing to pay bills. CARRIED 4-0
6. Motion by Spearing, Sowers to adjourn. CARRIED 4-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk