VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JANUARY 13, 2020
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: Lacey McLean
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Boss, McCallum to accept the minutes as presented. CARRIED 7-0
Streets: The Atwood Ellsworth road is scheduled to be resurfaced in 2021. At that time the Village will resurface the remaining section of road to the corner of Church Street.
Planning Commission: Did not have a quorum.
Finance Committee: Budget committee meeting will be held Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 6:00pm.
DDA: Had a short meeting, no action items.
a. L4029 setting of millage rate at 11.3 mills.
c. Pig Roast 2020 – Will hold meeting Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 6:00pm
d. Paddle Antrim – Reached monetary goal to place signs on the trails.
e. State of the Community – To be held Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 5:30pm.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to approve the following wages for 2020-2021.
Tex Drenth: $20.00 per hour.
Village employees: $14.00 per hour
Police: $15.00 per hour
Clerk: $20,000.00 annually
Treasurer: $$4,137.00 annually
Gift certificate of $50.00 for Tex Drenth in the amount of $50.00
3. Motion by Boss, Sowers to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to approve the use of the Village backhoe for Township clean-up day May 9, 2020. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to rehire Sarah Essenberg as Summer Recreation Director. CARRIED 7-0
6. Motion by Spearing, Stewart to hire Lacey McLean to fill the open Part Time Village Police Chief position. CARRIED 7-0
7. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to authorize Campbell to contact the Village attorney regarding revenue for the cell tower. CARRIED 7-0
8. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to pay the bills. CARRIED 7-0
9. Motion by Boss, Sowers to adjourn at 7:45pm. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk