VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JANUARY 8, 2018
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: John Morris
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to accept the December 11, 2017 minutes as presented. CARRIED 7-0
Police: Officer Morris presented monthly report for December 2017.
DPW: Busy keeping up with all the snow removal.
Planning Commission: Planning Commission meeting scheduled for January 11, 2018.
Finance Committee: Budget Committee Meeting Wednesday, January 10 at 7:00PM.
a. L4029 setting of millage rate of 11.3 for 2018.
b. Community Square Project will finish up Phase One in the spring of 2018.
c. Pig Roast next meeting is set for January 18, 2018.
d. Paddle Antrim will return in the fall of 2018.
e. Will look at replacing two Village tractors in the spring of 2018.
f. The transmission went out on the Village backhoe. Waiting to hear if it will be covered by the warranty.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to approve wage increases of 3% for Village employees with the exception of the Clerk who will receive an increase of $1,000.00 annually. CARRIED 7-0
3. Motion by Boss, Stewart to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to approve the use of the Village backhoe for Township Clean-up day May 12, 2018. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to rehire Sarah Essenberg as Summer Recreation Director. CARRIED 7-0
6. Motion by Boss, Stewart to join with Banks Township in a proclamation recognizing the accomplishments of the ECS 2017 football team. CARRIED 7-0
7. Motion by Campbell, Spearing to join with Banks Township in purchasing signs for the entrance to the Village at Central Lake Rd., Atwood Rd. and East Jordan Rd. recognizing the accomplishments of the ECS 2017 football team. CARRIED 7-0
8. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to pay the bills. CARRIED 7-0
9. Motion by Stewart, McCallum to adjourn at 8:00PM. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk