VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JANUARY 9, 2017
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, and Potter.
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Boss, McCallum to accept the December 12, 2016 minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
PUBLIC INPUT: N/A
Police: Addressing issues of cars parked overnight on the streets. Creates problems for plowing snow.
DPW: Water project is completed.
Streets: High number of hours for plowing snow in December. January is starting out the same.
Planning Commission: Creating bylaws to be passed by the Planning Commission. Campbell will attend their next meeting.
Finance Committee: Budget Committee meeting to be held Wednesday, January 11 at 6:00PM.
a. Planning Consultant – Will share with Banks Township. Interviewing process open to anyone on the Council who would like to attend.
b. Ellsworth Market – The new owners are currently working on repairs to the building
c. L4029 setting of millage rate 11.3 mills – Valuations for the Village will have a slight increase so millage rate will stay the same.
d. Community Square project – On hold during the winter season.
e. Pig Roast 2017 – Moving forward.
f. Paddle Antrim 2017 – Moving forward
2. Motion by Campbell, Boss to increase wages for Village employees by 3% with the exception of the Clerk. The Clerk will receive a $2,000.00 annual increase. CARRIED 6-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to approve Budget Amendments as presented. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Sowers, McCallum to approve the use of the Village backhoe for Township Clean-up Day, May 13, 2017. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Boss, Stewart to retain Sarah Essenberg as Summer Recreation Director. CARRIED 6-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to pay the Village credit card when the bill is received to avoid a late fee. CARRIED 6-0
7. Motion by Sowers, McCallum to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
8. Motion by Sowers, McCallum to adjourn at 7:40PM. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk