VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
JANUARY 12, 2015
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Stewart, Spearing, Kammerer, and Potter.
Absent: M. Drenth
Others: Jerry Rasmussen, John Morris, Tina Sundelius
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:15 PM
1. Motion by Boss/Stewart to accept the December 8, 2014 minutes as presented. CARRIED. 6-0
Police: Discussion regarding ordinance of cars parked on street
DPWStreets: Meeting on January 14, 2015 with Clyde Johnson, engineer for Gosling, Czubak
Planning Commission: Meeting cancelled due to weather
Finance Committee: Budget meeting Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 7:00 PM
a.Sale of old water works property on hold until late spring.
b.Signed purchase agreement for purchase of Lot 129.
c.Woodenshoe Holiday Fest was very successful.
d.Shiver Fest plans are going forward.
e.Will vote on millage rate for taxes in May.
f.Good attendance at the meeting for planning of the Ellebration/Pig Roast 2015.
g.Consumer Franchise Agreement must be renewed at next meeting.
h.Paddle Antrim is going forward.
2. Motion by Spearing/Sowers for a 3% increase in wages. Carried 6/0
3. Motion by Stewart/Boss to approve the use of the Backhoe, Lake Street, and Community Park for Township Clean-up Day May 9. Carried 6/0
4. Motion by Boss/Stewart to hire Sarah Essenberg as Summer Recreation Director. Carried 6/0
5. Motion by Spearing/Boss to reappoint Larry Essenberg, Al Drenth and Carla Kammerer to the
Planning Commission for 2015 and 2016. Carried 6/0
6. Motion by Sowers, Kammerer to approve the following budget amendments:
Increase Building and Grounds/Capital Outlay (265-9700) $5000 from $8000 to $13,000.
Increase Building and Grounds/Operating Supplies (265-7270) from $2000 from $12,500 to $14,500.
Increase Building and Grounds/Contracted Services (265-8022) $300 from $1,300 to $1,600.
Increase Building and Grounds/Repairs and Maintenance (265-9300) $1,500 from $6,000 to $7,500.
Increase Grand Vision/Salary and Wages (779-7020) $7,500 from $0 to 7,500.
Increase Winter Maintenance/Salt Sand (202-460-8030) $3,025 from $2,000 to $5,025
Increase Administration/Professional Services (203-248-8010) $25 from $375 to $400.
Increase Routine Maintenance $275 from $1,000 to $1,275.
Increase Winter Maintenance/Salt Sand (203-460-8030) $1,862 from $700 to $2,562
Increase Administration/Professional Services (591-248-8010) $4,000 from $3,000 to $7,000.
Increase Plant/Salary and Wages (536-7020) $4,000 from $11,500 to $15,500.
Increase Plant/Operating Supplies $1,500 from $3,500 to $5,000.
Increase Plant/Repairs and Maintenance (536-9300) $4,000 from $8,000 to $12,000.
Increase Plant/Utilities (536-9200) $4,000 from $6,000 to $10,000.
7. Motion to pay bills by Boss/Spearing Carried 6/0
8.Motion to adjourn by Campbell/Sowers at 7:45 PM
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk