VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
DECEMBER 9, 2019
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: Officer Morris, Lacey McLean
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Boss, McCallum to accept the minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
Police: Police Chief Morris presented his monthly report.
Streets: Consumers Power has been replacing streetlights with LED lights as they need replacing.
Finance Committee: Next year’s budget meeting to be held Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 6:00pm.
DDA: Complying a list of things that are to be completed. Claire Karner from Beckett & Raeder is leaving and is being replaced by Shawn Winter.
a. Wooden Shoe Holiday Festival – Wednesday December 11, 2019 at 6:00pm.
b. Dollar General – The property they are currently looking at is owned by the Antrim County Road Commission
c. Township Clean-Up Day – Scheduled for May 9, 2020
d. 6517 Center St. – Permit to tear down has been issued.
e. Open Police Chief Position – Lacey McLean attended the meeting and submitted her application for the position to the Council.
f. Purchase of parcel #05-01-024-003-00 – The grant application for the purchase is getting close to be ready for submission.
g. State of Community – Top be held January 15, 2020 at 5:30PM.
h. RRC Update – Our new contact at Beckett & Raeder will be Shawn Winter.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
3. Motion by Sowers, Rasmussen to approve meeting procedures. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Boss, Sowers to adjourn at 7:40PM. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk