VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
DECEMBER 10, 2018
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: John Morris
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, McCallum to accept the November 12, 2018 minutes as presented. CARRIED 7-0
Police: Morris gave police report.
DPW: Waste Water Feasibility Study – Need to have a public meeting.
Finance Committee: Next year’s budget meeting will be Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 6:00PM.
a. Wooden Shoe Holiday Festival: Ceremonial tree lighting will be at 6:00PM followed by entertainment and snacks.
b. The school has presented a request to attach a radio repeater for school buses on the water tower.
c. Township Clean-up Day has tentatively been set for May 11, 2019,
d. Development Plan and Tax Increment Financing Plan approved by the DDA.
e. Recreation marijuana: Bryan Graham is writing up an ordinance that will allow us to opt out.
f. Sale of old water works property: Closing is set for December 21, 2018.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 7-0
3. Motion by Spearing, Sowers to approve the appointment of Judy Worgess and Julie Waterman as DDA board members to replace Amy Russell and Al Drenth. CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by Boss, Stewart to approve meeting procedures. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Spearing, Rasmussen to approve the Village roster for 2019-2020. CARRIED 7-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to pay the bills. CARRIED 7-0
7. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to adjourn at 7:45PM. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk