VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
DECEMBER 11, 2017
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Absent: McCallum, Stewart
Others: Jeff Wynkoop, Darren Graham
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to accept the November 13, 2017 minutes as presented. CARRIED 5-0
Police: Monthly report submitted by Officer Jeff Wynkoop
DPW: Waste Water Feasibility Study – meeting went well. Will have another meeting in January 2018.
Streets: Will look into signs with no parking hours for winter season.
Planning Commission: To review Capital Improvement Plan at January 11, 2018 meeting.
Finance Committee: Next year’s budget meeting to be held Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 7:00PM.
a. Wooden Shoe Holiday Festival to be held December 13. The Pine Lake Winds band will play at the Festival.
b. Traffic on East Jordan Road is coming in way too fast. Will look at what can be done with signage.
c. Township Clean Up Day is May 12, 2018.
d. Copies of the results of Ellsworth/Banks Township Community Meeting were distributed.
e. Ellsworth/Banks Township Recreation Plan Update tentively set for a joint session hearing February 2018 and to be approved at the regular meeting.
f. MOD survey stills needs more forms submitted.
g. Grand Traverse Pellet is in the process of having a purchase agreement drawn up for the old Water Works Property.
h. Pig Roast Committee is looking for an administrator for the Pig Roast 2018.
2. Motion by Boss, Sowers to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve the contract with Mission Computer for a restoration service. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Sowers, Spearing to approve the rules and procedures for Village Council meetings. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
6. Motion by Boss, Spearing to adjourn at 7:45PM.
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk