VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
DECEMBER 14, 2015
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Kammerer, and Potter.
Absent: Stewart and McCallum
Others: Scotty Kehoe, Craig Hole, John Morris, Jerry Rasmussen, Tina Sundelius, and Dan Bean
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Spearing, Boss to accept the November 9, 2015 minutes as presented. CARRIED. 5-0
DTE was at the meeting to present Ellsworth with the possibilities of providing natural gas to this area.
Sheriff Dan Bean was present to update the Village on two programs the County is implementing – Smart 911 and Victim Services Unit.
Police: Update on activities in Village
DPWStreets: Discussed water project update
Planning Commission: Working on Master Plan update
Finance Committee: Will meet on Wednesday January 13, 2016 at 7:00 pm to work on next year’s budget.
a. Wooden Shoe Festival went well.
b. No Shiver Fest this year.
c. Township Clean Up Day May 14, 2016 to be held at Preferred Waste
d. Michigan Township Participating Plan (Par Plan) Risk Reduction Grant Program has been mailed in to purchase four security cameras.
2. Motion by Boss, Sowers to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Sowers, Spearing to approve bids on Municipal Water System Contract 1 with
MDC in the amount of $327,210. See attached resolution. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Boss, Kammerer to approve Rules and Procedures for conducting meetings. CARRIED5-0
5. Motion by Boss, Kammerer to approve resolution to send a grant application to Traverse City RotaryCharities. See attached resolution. CARRIED 5-0
6. Motion by Boss, Sowers to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
7. Motion to adjourn by Boss, Spearing at 8:45 PM. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk