VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
AUGUST 12, 2019
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Absent: McCallum, Stewart
Others: John Morris, Celia Hastings
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to accept the July 8, 2019 minutes as presented. CARRIED 5-0
Police: Officer Morris gave his monthly report.
Streets: The lines on the streets have been repainted.
Planning Commission: Will meet on September 12, 2019 and Claire Karner from Beckett & Raeder will also be in attendance.
Parks and Recreation: Wi-Fi has been completed and tree and brush trimming also completed.
a. Labyrinth – Celia Hastings was at the meeting to see if the Village would be willing to provide any funds to help with the cleanup of the labyrinth. It has not been kept up for several years and now will need a landscaping company to come in and return it to its original condition. The Village wants to see a plan of how it will be maintained in the future before they make any type of commitment.
b. RRC Report – Still a work in progress.
c. Cell Tower – Verizon is now on the tower.
2. Motion by Boss, Sowers to approve payment of annual dues to NLEA in the amount of $300.00. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve prepay payment of $1,500.00 to Ellsworth Farmer’s Exchange for propane. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Sowers, Boss to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by Spearing, Boss to approve placement of bird house in the Community Park by the Lioness and Lions in memory of Katie Sowers. CARRIED 5-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve ProWeb Marketing to build a new Website for the Village.
7. Motion by Spearing, Campbell to approve terms of service for the DDA Board. CARRIED 5-0
8. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve sidewalk replacement on Center Street with ACT 51 money as required by Federal regulations. CARRIED 5-0
9. Motion by Spearing, Boss to approve President to sign USDA application on August 15. CARRIED 5-0
10. Motion by Boss, Spearing to approve President to purchase a pavilion kit for the Community Square. CARRIED 4-1
11. Motion by Sowers, Rasmussen to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
12. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to adjourn at 7:55pm. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk