VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
AUGUST 13, 2018
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Stewart, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Others: Janice Drost
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to accept the July 9, 2018 minutes as presented. CARRIED 7-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Janice Drost has volunteered to plant and be responsible for the upkeep of flowers for the Community Square.
Police: Report was given
DPW: Gosling Czubak has completed water map for Circle Drive.
Streets: Pathway on Lake Street by the Community Park has been completed.
Planning Commission: N/A
Parks and Recreation: N/A
a. Community Square Project Phase 1 – KP Landscaping will put in pathway pavers, reseed lawn and install irrigation this fall.
b. Paddle Antrim Water Trail – Headwaters will be located in Ellsworth.
c. Old water works project – Presently at the title company.
d. DDA Organization – Meeting will be August 27 at 6:00PM.
e. Thank you letter from Lioness/Lions Club for assistance with Culpepper & Merriweather Circus.
f. Zoning Administrator – Village will continue to retain Andy Veenstra.
2. Motion by Spearing, Sowers to approve Resolution 8122018 (see attached). CARRIED 7-0
3. Motion by Stewart, McCullum to prepay propane with Ellsworth Farmers Exchange in the amount of $1500.00. CARRIED 7-0
4. Motion by Boss, Spearing to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 7-0
5. Motion by Spearing, Rasmussen to pay the bills. CARRIED 7-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to adjourn at 7:50PM. CARRIED 7-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk