VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
AUGUST 14, 2017
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Rasmussen, Potter and Drenth
Absent: McCallum and Stewart
Others: John Morris, Judge Elsenheimer and Bryan Graham
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to accept the July 10, 2017 minutes as presented. CARRIED 5-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Judge Elsenheimer came to introduce himself as the newly appointed Judge for the 13th Circuit Court for the counties of Antrim, Grand Traverse and Leelanau.
Police: Deputy Morris presented his monthly report.
Streets: Still waiting on contractors to pave Sunrise Drive, Harris Street and Lincoln Street.
Planning Commission: No meeting
Parks and Recreation: Wooden Shoe Park continues to be full.
a. Community Square Project Phase 1: still waiting on landscaping to be completed.
b. Surveys: still need more to be completed
c. Paddle Antrim: Preparing for event to be held September 14, 15 and 16.
d. Old water works project: Buyers are now in agreement, waiting for papers to be drawn up.
e. Frank Swain’s Joint Permit Application Shoreline Improvement Project: Information has been forwarded to Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council and Antrim County Soil Conservation Department.
f. Easement with Ellsworth Community School: Bryan Graham will draw up easement to be approved by both the Village of Ellsworth and Banks Township.
2. Motion by Campbell, Boss to approve prepay propane with Ellsworth Farmers Exchange in the amount of $1,500.00. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to approve the budget amendments. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Sowers, Spearing to approve the hiring of Beckett & Raeder to conduct our professional planning services. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve Resolution No. 8-17 Redevelopment Ready Communities. CARRIED 5-0
6. Motion by Rasmussen, Campbell to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
7. Motion by Sowers, Boss to adjourn at 8:00PM. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk