VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
AUGUST 10, 2015
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Stewart, Spearing, Kammerer, and Potter.
Others: Jessica Spencer, Tina Sundelius, Jerry Rasmussen, Larry Essenberg
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Spearing/Sowers to accept the July 13, 2015 minutes as presented. CARRIED. 6-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Jessica Spencer introduced herself as the new Planning Consultant for Banks Township.
Police: Campbell and Morris are meeting with a security company to discuss placing security cameras at various locations within the Village.
DPWStreets: Water project is slowly moving ahead. Hope to have new water meters in place by fall.
Planning Commission: Jessica Spencer is new Banks Township Planning Consultant
Parks and Recreation: The numbers at Wooden Shoe Park are higher than last year.
a. Community Square Project Phase 1: Some money has come in but need to push hard.
b. Michigan Farm Market and Moosehead Garage and 9627 Lake Street transactions are still pending.
c. Paddle Antrim starts at 8:30 AM, Friday, September 18. Lioness Club will be serving breakfast.
d. Opening on Board of Trustees due to resignation of Marilyn B. Drenth who has moved from the area.
2. Motion by Boss/Stewart to accept Marilyn B. Drenth’s letter of resignation. CARRIED 6/0
3. Motion by Boss/Kammerer to approve Jessica Spencer as the Village’s Planning Consultant. CARRIED 6/0
4. Motion by Sowers/Stewart to pass Good Sam’s resolution regarding 25 years of operation. CARRIED 6/0
5. Motion by Boss/Kammerer to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 6/0
6. Motion by Stewart/Sowers to approve repairs to the restroom/concession building at the Community Park. CARRIED 6/0
7. Motion by Spearing/Kammerer to pay the bills. CARRIED 6/0
8. Motion by Boss/Sowers to adjourn at 8:00 PM. CARRIED 6/0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk