VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
APRIL 10, 2017
Present: Boss, Sowers, Spearing, Stewart, Rasmussen, and Potter.
Absent: Campbell, McCallum
Others: John Morris, Duane Arnott
Meeting called to order by Boss at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to accept the March 13, 2017 minutes as presented. CARRIED 5-0
PUBLIC INPUT: Arnott will not be able to do the Archery program at the present time. He hopes to be able to return as soon as possible.
Police: Both Morris and Wynkoop have been making some traffic stops.
Planning Commission: Spearing sat in on the interviews conducted by Banks Township regarding the hiring of a new Planning Consultant. The decision was made to make a recommendation to hire Beckett and Raeder at the next Banks Township Board meeting. If passed by the Township, the Village will act on it at the May meeting.
Parks and Recreation: N/A
a. Woodenshoe Campground will open on May 15.
b. Breezeway Garage Sale will be held May 26 & 27.
c. Clean up day is May 13. There was discussion of the possibility of sending a letter to all property owners in the Village regarding the appearance of their property and encouraging them to take advantage of the free service being offered.
d. Auditors will be here May 15, 16 and 17 to conduct our annual audit.
2. Motion by Rasmussen, Spearing to approve the Mutual Aid Agreement with Antrim County. CARRIED 5-0
3. Motion by Rasmussen, Stewart to approve payment to Louise Alfred for completing the work on the Mod Survey. CARRIED 5-0
4. Motion by Rasmussen, Sowers to pay the bills. CARRIED 5-0
5. Motion by Stewart, Sowers to Adjourn at 7:55 PM. CARRIED 5-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk