VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH COUNCIL MINUTES
BANKS TOWNSHIP HALL
AUGUST 10, 2020
Present: Campbell, Boss, Sowers, Spearing, McCallum, Rasmussen and Drenth
Absent: Stewart, Potter
Others: Lacey Mclean, Phil Palajac
Meeting called to order by Campbell at 7:00 PM
1. Motion by McCallum, Sowers to accept July 13, 2020 regular minutes as presented. CARRIED 6-0
Police: Chief McLean gave her monthly report. She is working on submitting a new grant for a different police car. She also now has a phone specifically for the police department and is also working on a grant that will provide reimbursement for PPE purchases.
Streets: Repaving streets: Pleasant Hill Rd., the bridge and Center Street starting at Park to the top of the hill are going to be paved.
Parks and Recreation: The Wi-Fi is now working correctly. The revenue is even with last year.
a. Community Square – need to find a builder to construct the gazebo.
b. Labyrinth – looks great.
c. Paddle Antrim/Water Trail – some of the trail signs are in place.
d. RRC Report – moving forward
e. Sewage Project – Jennifer Hodges from GFA will be here August 12, 2020 at 4:00pm to bring us UpToDate on the sewer project.
f. Dog Park – Will allow on a probationary trial.
2. Motion by McCallum, Spearing to approve updated (or reorganized) Zoning Ordinance which was approved by Planning Commission. CARRIED 6-0
3. Motion by Sowers, Rasmussen to approve prepay propane with Ellsworth Farmers Exchange in the amount of $1,700.00. CARRIED 6-0
4. Motion by Boss, Rasmussen to approve budget amendments. CARRIED 6-0
5. Motion by Spearing, Rasmussen to purchase new swing seats and chains for swing set at Ellsworth River Park. CARRIED 6-0
6. Motion by McCallum, Sowers to approve street paving for streets listed above. CARRIED 6-0
7. Motion by Spearing, Boss to adopt an ordinance regarding jake braking. CARRIED 5-1
8. Motion by Rasmussen, Boss to pay the bills. CARRIED 6-0
9. Motion by Boss, McCallum to adjourn a 7:50pm. CARRIED 6-0
Marlene Drenth, Village Clerk